Here is how we handle information about your visit to our Website:
If you choose to identify yourself by sending us an email or by using our online forms:
• The Clerk's Office may ask for your email address in order to respond to email inquiries and, in some cases, in connection with requests for site feedback, etc. Be aware, however, under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
• All of these activities are purely voluntary. You will always have the option of whether to perform the transaction and provide this information. Please understand, however, that in order to open an online service account or perform a service transaction, you will be required to provide some personal information. Whether to perform the transaction is up to you.
• If you choose to provide us with personal information -- as when you send an email or by filling out some other form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our Website -- we use that information solely to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested.
• We do not share the information you give us unless under the rule of law.
• The Clerk's Office does not collect information for commercial marketing. We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
• We do not collect credit card information or other financial information.
• The Clerk's Office will not share, disseminate or send personally identifiable information about you to other companies, agencies, or unless we have your consent to share the information;
Personally Identifiable Information Available From Governmental Agencies Over the Web
• The Clerk's Office may already have, or may acquire, personally identifiable information through the normal functions of this office such as keeping and maintaining records of proceedings in the Circuit Court of Sumter County. In most cases, this information is part of a public record. In the case of public records, the Clerk's Office may make this information available in much the same manner as the agency would to a member of the public who visits the agency in person.
Links to Other Sites
Kids' Safety and Privacy
• The Clerk's Office's website is not targeted at children under 13, and does not knowingly collect personal information from children. For more information about children's privacy generally, please see the Federal Trade Commission's Kidz Privacy web page.
Clerk of Circuit Court
Technical Services Division
237 E Anderson Ave
Bushnell, FL 33513