The Sumter County Clerk’s office has teamed up to create a notification service called...
Sign up free of charge by CLICKING HERE, or call the Property Fraud Alert Hotline at 1-800-728-3858
- Sign up for this free subscription service either online or by calling 800-728-3858
- Enter the personal or business name to monitor
- Provide the email address or telephone number you would like alerts sent to
- Monitor additional names by repeating the process
- You will receive an alert promptly after any document is recorded & certified in Sumter County matching the name(s) you chose to monitor
- This alert allows you to be informed of any recording activity taking place and to take timely action if you determine the activity is fraudulent
The alert email will provide you with information related to the document in the Sumter County Official Records. You can easily review the recording information and the image to determine if this document is of concern to you by using the Official Record Online Search
For assistance, please contact the Sumter County HelpDesk via email: [email protected]
If you suspect you are a victim of fraud, contact law enforcement. You may also need to contact an attorney to determine whether you need to take legal action to undo the fraudulent recording.
If you have ever received an alert you may have noticed the name referenced called "FIDLAR Technologies".
This is the parent company of the propertyfraudalert.com website and they are a trusted partner with the Sumter
Clerk of Courts. Email you may receive from them will be relevant to Property Fraud Alert program
Quick and easy! Just call the Fraud Alert hotline at 1-800-728-3858. A customer service representative will be
able to make any changes you need from updating your name, email, phone number, or even removing you
from the system
What if I have a neighbor or friend that wants to sign up but they do not have or are not good enough with computers to do this online?
No problem...just call the Fraud Alert hotline! 1-800-728-3858. They can add you to the system right over the