All records are confidential!  Under Florida Statue - these cases are exempted from inspection by the general public and/or News Media.

However, with proper picture identification the case may be reviewed by the parent, legal guardian and/or child. Court appointed and private attorneys also have access to the court files only if they have filed their notice of appearance in the particular case.

Our department refrains from giving information over the telephone, as we are uncertain who exactly may be calling. Again, these records are confidential, and we recommend the party to come in our office with proper picture identification in order for us to pull the court file.

Juvenile Court Ordered Restitution
Restitution payments are processed through the Clerk's Office with a statutory $3.00 fee for each payment processed. Payment shall be made by money order, cashier's check, cash or Credit Card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Check Cards with the appropriate insignia. Credit Card payments will not be accepted over the phone. . NO PERSONAL CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED.

The original arrest affidavits become confidential once they are received by police agencies. Our office does provide the Office of the State Attorney and Department of Juvenile Justice with appropriate copies.

Complaints / Hearings
Upon a civil complaint and/or arrest affidavit being filed with us, the Clerk's Office must wait until the Office of the State Attorney files a petition. Once the petition is filed we schedule the case for an arraignment. The child, parent and/or legal guardian are summoned to appear.

Detention Hearings
Juvenile detention hearings are conducted each day, before a Circuit Judge via video a the Marion County Juvenile Assessment Center.

Expunging a Juvenile Record
Our office can provide you with the package and forms required to start the process to expunge your record. This package details the steps you have to take to expunge a case. You can also obtain this package through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement by emailing a request to: [email protected]

Emancipation of a Juvenile You must contact an attorney to handle this process for you.